The Sherburn and Villages Community Library is a community library for Sherburn in Elmet and the surrounding villages. The library is run by volunteers with North Yorkshire County Council support and is managed by Sherburn in Elmet Community Trust. The Sherburn Community Library is a great reference source but also a great venue option for small groups or clubs looking for a central place to meet.
Within the Sherburn Community Library, there is a great choice of books available, suitable for all ages. As well as books, there are also DVDs available and computers and printing services for public use.
Library membership is free. Pop in to apply or apply online.
Additional services at the library include:
- baby changing and toilet, and access to free sanitary products
- family history
- free online access to Ancestry.com, Find My Past, the British Newspaper Archive and Access to Research
- help and support using IT
- help with your blue badge application
- internet and computer access and free Wifi
- information point
- local studies
- photocopying, printing, scanning and laminating
- study area
- tea & coffee and free tap water refill station
- children’s area
- activities and groups
- North Yorkshire Safe Places location [need new link following council website change]
- Warm Welcome Space location.
Do it online
Many local groups and clubs meet at the library, have a look at the library activities timetable here: http://sherburninelmetcommunitytrust.co.uk/library/library-activities-timetable/
Or to keep up to date with the Sherburn Community Library, visit their Facebook Page.