Launching in July is Walk For A Cure, a brand new event series from Alzheimer’s Research UK. These 5km fundraising walks will bring together everyone impacted by dementia as Alzheimer’s Research UK strive to make a lasting difference for future generations. Alzheimer’s Research UK need your support to make these events happen. Would you like to be a key part of the team on event day? Alzheimer’s Research UK are looking for volunteers to help create a fantastic atmosphere at our event village, to ensure the smooth running of the event and to create an unforgettable experience for everyone involved.
What: Walk For A Cure Event volunteer Role Description.
How: Roles include Greeters, Start/Finish Line Marshals, Event Village Helpers, Route Marshals & Photographers.
Who: All volunteers must be 18+. (Children may accompany an adult volunteer, but please contact us before registering.)
When: Sunday 23rd July 2023, 9am-4pm.
Where: The Stray, Harrogate
To find out more about the role, please read the Walk For A Cure Event volunteer Role Description
To register to volunteer, please visit: alzheimersresearchuk.org/volunteering/event-volunteer and select ‘Sunday 23rd July 2023 – Walk For a Cure, Harrogate’ from the list when prompted.
Being an Event volunteer at Walk For A Cure is a great opportunity to:
· Volunteer alongside your friends and family at a fantastic new event.
· Give back to your local community.
· Meet new people, who may have similar experiences to you.
· Gain experience of charity events management.
· Contribute volunteering hours to your course or studies.
· Build confidence by volunteering in a team with thirty other volunteers.
· Support a cause that is relevant to you – one in two people know someone affected by dementia.
· Become part of the Alzheimer’s Research UK volunteering community, with other opportunities available to you.