Sherburn Group Practice has recently made some important announcements on their website. These are important to all patients, see below:
Starting from the beginning of July, when patients request an appointment at the surgery the reception staff will be asking patients if they are happy to tell them the reason for the appointment.
Reception staff have been trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- the most appropriate medical care,
- from the most appropriate health professional,
- at the most appropriate time.
Reception staff, like all members of the Practice team, are bound by confidentiality rules and any information given by you is treated with strict confidentiality.
- Receptionists will ask for a brief description of you problem
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private away from reception.
- if you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say what this is then this will always be respected.
There are now two ways in which results can be obtained from the practice.
1. Register for online services—this way you will be able to see results as soon as they have been filed by the doctor, along with any comments/actions that the doctors would like you to undertake. You will be able to access the website 24 hours a day and are not dependant on being able to telephone the surgery between 10am and 6pm.
Please see front page for details on how to register for this service
2. Contact the surgery by phone – and the receptionist will let you know the result and any actions required.
We would request that you contact the surgery after 10am to avoid the busier times.